Tuesday 5 May 2015

My Learning Experience During Summers!

I am that kind of a person, who is totally focused towards studies. After completing my first year in graduation, I was more or less clear with my career prospects. The second year then, was totally dedicated towards studies by me, and I hardly took part in any extracurricular activities in the college or elsewhere.  But after the year was just about to get over, and the vacations begin, one of my very close friends suggested me to pursue a Summer Internships, during the summer break. At first, I was not that overwhelmed with her thought and didn’t give much importance to it. But then she started explaining me the importance of doing one and she also narrated me with her experience, when she had done it the previous year. This was a point when I started becoming more attracted towards doing a Summer Internship, and started discussing the prospects with her.

After getting a comprehensive idea from my friend, I also communicated about the same with my professors. They too insisted me to join a company where I could get something to learn in the field in which I was planning to make my career in. They also explained to me the various advantages that one gets in terms of getting a dynamic experience and exposure of the practical corporate scenario. It was this point, that I had also truly realized that pursuing an Internship is certainly going to help me, and is also going aid me in my career ahead.

After getting convinced, I started searching for internship opportunities in both start-up, as well as the big MNC's. But to my surprise, I was stunned to find out the kind of difficulties that I was facing to get a proper internship of my choice that I could join during my summer vacations. But it is said, that if you try with an open heart, then success definitely comes your way. And this is what happened as well. While browsing through the internet one day, I came across an online portal, which was running by the name of MakeIntern. This is a website that links the students and other professionals who are searching for internships to the companies who are providing the same. I posted my resume on this website, and in no time at all, I was able to contact numerous companies across the city, which were providing Summer Internship Program in my domain. MakeIntern was able to ease out my process of finding the Internship and now I also recommend the same to my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment