Monday 26 October 2015

How I prepared for my first job with an Internship

I had just finished off with my second year of graduation, when my elder brother told me to buckle up for a job. It is because, I have always been that kind of a person, who wants to have fun and completes his assignments just one night before the submission. In short, I have never been the sincere type and the thought of sincerity and responsibilities scared me. But, when I gave a thought to what my brother had said earlier, I got coupled further into a series of thoughts, which made me realise that now was the time to take up a few responsibilities. Hence, I asked my brother to help me with the same and he suggested me to apply for internship programs to prepare myself and also to know my worth and where I stand. He briefed me about various advantages of an internship and then I realised why some juniors in our college were doing internships.

Since I had college to attend, I couldn’t do a regular internship. Therefore, I decided to apply for a summer internship. I browsed through various websites and had gone through with the internship program’s information of over thousands of companies. By the time the summer break arrived, I had given over ten interviews. It was a good feeling to be shortlisted in three out of ten interview sessions. My interviews scared me. It was as if I was being evaluated even by the way I was breathing. Finally my summer internship started and the office felt as if my mother has swept it nice and clean. The moment I entered it felt completely different and one could sense responsibility and pressure amongst the co-workers.


Though the duration of my internship was of one month, it felt like years. But I constantly made myself stronger, fighting against all odds. It made me into a better person, into one who could take up every challenge. It helped me grew into a man and I was not just some irresponsible youngster, instead a young man who was worth to give a chance. After the graduation was over, I was able to grab a job through the placement cell of our college. I would suggest every graduation student to consider internships or even a summer internship, because there is so much to learn from the industry and mentors that would prepare you for a better future, just like it did to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment